In just a few minutes, you’ll have a powerful and intuitive online restaurant ordering system that enables your customers to place orders from your website, Facebook page & mobile app. No matter how much your business grows, you have unlimited orders with zero commissions.
There are several categories of personnel in the restaurant business: managers, cooks, servers, buspersons, dishwashers, hosts and bartenders. Each has a specific function and contributes to the operation of the restaurant. When your restaurant is still new, you may find that some of the duties will cross over from one category to another. For example, the manager may double as the host, and servers may also bus tables. In a very small operation, you and your family may assume some of these roles. Because of this, be sure to hire people who express a willingness to be flexible in their duties. Your payroll costs, including your own salary and that of your managers, should be about 25 to 35 percent of your total gross sales. If payroll costs are more than 35 percent of gross sales, you should look for ways to either cut those costs or increase sales.
- Make safe and efficient deliveries from a Boston Market store location to customers within trade area
- Make on-time deliveries within a set delivery time window, arrive at the first time and depart by the second time (large orders may require an earlier arrival time).
- Provide friendly service and the highest level of hospitality to our customers, including answering customer questions and retrieving payment as needed
- Responsible for the buffet set up at the client location according to Boston Market standards or customer request.
- Ensure a high quality and accuracy of the food order using the checklist and observation, starting at the restaurant through the delivery
- At the restaurant; check and validate the order with the BEM check list, including temperature (150 degrees minimum), check the cleanliness of the transportation equipment
- Load all delivery orders, up to 50 pounds, in the delivery vehicle
- Take part in local store marketing efforts, including flyer handout, buzz squad marketing, menu and promotional informational drop off at the delivery site and quality business card collection directed by your COS.
- Miscellaneous tasks at the restaurant as needed
- Primary Tasks are Catering related.
- Cleaning delivery equipment
- Inventory catering shelf
- Assemble Market Boxes with set ups of 15 and 25
- Enter leads into computer system
Hiring skilled employees and staff for your restaurant is easier when you have lots of great applicants, and most applicants decide whether or not to apply based on what they see about your company online.
Applicants will use your website, your social media presence, reviews from current and former employeesand other online information to evaluate you — especially engaged applicants, who want to know more about your restaurant.
Make sure you like everything you’re reading as you perform an audit of your online presence. A reputation for great service and delicious food will help you hire and retain talented employees, but hiring good staff members also depends on your online presence.
Restaurant Server Example Job Description
“As a Food Server, you would be responsible for serving food and/or beverages to guests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
The food business can be rough. If you’re like most owners in this hyper-competitive industry, you’re always looking for any easy way to boost your restaurant profits. Well, good news! You can easily achieve this with a restaurant online ordering system. Online ordering systems are doing wonders for quick serve restaurants (QSR) and other hospitality businesses around the world. Many merchants using the technology already experience a huge boost in their average order sizes, customer loyalty and operational efficiency.Location