Announcing an opportunity to:
- Apply your culinary skills towards a fulfilling job with purpose and meaning
- Make a direct personal and positive impact on the lives of some of our most vulnerable and disadvantaged residents
- Gain regular full-time employment with a nationally-recognized long-standing community-based organization, with a competitive wage, health insurance coverage, and leave benefits
Richmond Area Multi-Services (RAMS) is seeking a dedicated culinary professional with a passion for non-for-profit humanitarian service for the position of Assistant Cook for the RAMS Broderick Street Adult Residential Facility, located at 1421 Broderick St, San Francisco
Salary Range: $15.00-$16.00/hr, commensurate to experience/qualifications
Status: Full-time 40 hours/week (may consider other part-time hours/shifts, please specify interest/availability)
Benefits: Health insurance coverage + leave benefits (type of coverage depends on eligibility & hours of employment)
Under the head Chef, the Assistant Cook is responsible for preparing and serving a variety of nutritious and delicious meals to the Broderick Street Residential Care Facility residents, utilizing high culinary standards to assure quality and safety in food preparation techniques.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. Education: Knowledge and training of food handling, meal preparation, and sanitation required. Currently certified/passed in approved food safety exam
2. Ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, to stand throughout the day, to bend, twist, and work in areas of extreme temperatures as in a kitchen environment
3. Fulfillment of TB Test, fingerprinting, First Aid, CPR, and any other mandatory State/Fed requirements upon hire
4. Reading and writing skills with the ability to understand, create, & interpret written instructions, & effectively communicate to staff, other health care team members, and clients
Other Preferred Qualifications (will be prioritized):
1. Experience: At least one (1) year of experience as an Assistant Cook in a nursing &/or residential care facility highly preferred, but not required
2. High School Diploma/GED preferred
3. Ability to work independently, establish priorities, and multi-task.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and interact professionally with a diverse, multi-cultural, & interdisciplinary staff of all levels
5. Strong commitment to the philosophy, goals, & mission of RAMS in providing community-based, culturally competent, and consumer-guided mental health services to the community
Interested applicants: Email cover letter and resume by replying to this job post
Essential Responsibilities include:
1. Provide assistance to Chef in daily meal and snack preparation.
2. Assist with the storage of food supplies and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
3. Complete regular tasks to help maintain cleanliness, sanitary conditions and good working order in the kitchen, reach-in refrigerator, walk-in refrigerator & freezer, dining rooms, food and kitchen storage areas.
4. Perform Kitchen/cafeteria set-up.
5. Serve and deliver meals in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Prepare dishes for dishwasher and operate dishwasher; organizes dishes in cupboards.
7. Assist in cleaning and sanitizing cooking equipment and work area to the standards set by the Health Department, and ensure equipment is in good working condition.
8. Maintain high standards in quality of food products, food service, safety, sanitation, personal hygiene, and in work performance.
9. Demonstrate good communication between kitchen co-workers and provide excellent customer service to our client residents.
10. Work cooperatively with other departments to meet the special needs of the clients.
11. Strictly observe health and safety practices.
12. Attend and participate in staff training, staff meeting, and staff development activities.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chef
ABOUT THE RAMS BRODERICK ST ADULT RESIDENTIAL FACILITY: The Broderick Street Adult Residential Facility (BSARF) is an innovative partnership program between RAMS, a non-profit community-based organization, and SF Department of Public Health, Community Behavioral Health Services and Housing & Urban Health sections, to operate a 33-bed residential facility for consumers who suffer from both mental illness, as well as chronic medical illness. This is a unique opportunity to work in a milieu community setting with a complex client population, many of whom have experienced long-term institutional or locked placement and/or difficult placement histories. Treatment, language-capacity, food, activities, and bilingual/bicultural services are tailored to fit the diverse & various needs of the residents.
ABOUT RAMS: Richmond Area Multi-Services is a private, non-profit mental health agency that is committed to advocating for and providing community based, culturally-competent, and consumer-guided comprehensive services, with an emphasis on serving Asian & Pacific Islander Americans. Founded in San Francisco's Richmond District in 1974, our agency offers comprehensive services that aim to meet the behavioral health, social, vocational, and educational needs of the diverse community of the San Francisco.
RAMS is recognized by the local and national social service community as having expertise in providing culturally competent mental health services to the underserved, with expertise in working with the Asian & Pacific Islander (A&PI) and Russian-speaking populations. The agency has received numerous awards for culturally competent service delivery, clinical training, employment of people with disability, and community leadership.
CHECK US OUT AT WWW.RAMSINC.ORG
Why work at RAMS? We offer our employees competitive benefits, social and professional development opportunities, and other discount, support, and recognition programs. RAMS was awarded & honored by the Mental Health Board of San Francisco for its Exceptional Programs and People, for creating and fostering a healthy workplace for employees.