OPEN CALLS HELD AT 55 WATER STREET, BROOKLYN, FROM 12PM TO 5PM EVERY DAY: TUESDAY 5/14, WEDNESDAY 5/15, THURSDAY 5/16 AND FRIDAY 5/17.
ENTER THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE OF 55 WATER STREET - OPEN CALLS WILL BE HELD IN THE BAR AREA OF THE TIME OUT MARKET LOCATED ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE MAIN LOBBY. PLEASE BRING A HARD COPY OF YOUR RESUME. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RESUMES WITH PHOTOS ON THEM.
Jacob’s Pickles is heading to BROOKLYN! Jacob Hadjigeorgis and the team at Pickle Hospitality (Jacob's Pickles, Maison Pickle and Lucky Pickle Dumpling Co.) are opening a second Jacob’s Pickles in the heart of DUMBO as part of Time Out Market NYC scheduled to open in May 2019.
Representing the “Best of Southern” cuisine, this Jacob’s Pickles counter will continue to offer our signature Southern food and warm hospitality. Our philosophy is simply put to care for employees and nurture our guests, while maintaining a welcoming environment. We pride ourselves in making a commitment to our community, while developing strong relationships with local farmers and purveyors.
This store will be a counter-style variation of our original Jacob’s Pickles, offering our Signature Chicken Biscuit Sandwiches, decadent Mac & Cheese, and of course, Pickles! Always progressive in our service, the Pickle Hospitality team has engaged the tools of today, paired with the warmth of service we all know and love: guests are welcomed and guided through the menu from which they will be able to place their orders and pick up their meal at the pick-up counter for fast service.
We are looking to hire Store Managers, Counter Servers and Cooks. We will be hosting Open Calls THURSDAY MAY 9TH AND FRIDAY MAY 10TH from 12 PM - 5 PM
-Answer questions about the menu
-Take and input orders
- Organize & put away orders
- Set up food displays, keep counter clean and neat
- Stocking and organizing
- Commitment to excellence
- Desire to learn
- Positive attitude
- Passion for food and hospitality
- Professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work cleanly and efficiently
- High volume experience preferred
- At least 1 year experience working in a fast-paced, high volume restaurant
- Overall performance of the unit
- Proficiency at all levels, including recipe knowledge, service standards, sanitation practices, FOH and Kitchen management functions.
- Develop and meet financial targets and goals
- Ensure proper staffing and training of employees and management personnel in the unit.
- Aware and responsible for the quality of kitchen operations
- Oversee and ensure that all staff are performing all areas of job responsibility
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures are upheld
- Ensure weekly staff meetings are ongoing and productive
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
- Managers MUST provide a Food Protection Certificate or Card
As a team, there are strong core values that we look for in any candidate:
Candidates should be experienced workers who are friendly, enthusiastic and great team players.
Candidates should have service experience and the ability to raise our already high standards of quality and guest satisfaction.
- Representing our brand so it's imperative to exceed our guests' expectations.
- Assist our guests to understand and explore the menu.
- Great approach with our guests; must go above and beyond to make sure our guests leave with a smile.
- Big plus being certified in NY Health Department.
- Precisely organizing, preparing a neat work area, with ease of execution.
- Following and complying NYCHD and company sanitation standards.
- Properly following credit card handling procedures.
- Great multi-tasker, and excellence in listening and communication.
- Dress code-wears uniform as prescribed by management team
- Maintain a safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility
- Flexible schedule and available to work weekends and holidays
- Prior restaurant opening experience a plus, but not necessary
- Prior fast casual experience a plus, but not necessary
TO APPLY, PLEASE COME 55 WATER ST, BROOKLYN. Enter through the main entrance at 55 water st. and follow the signs to the Time Out Market bar area.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.