Highly acclaimed Urban Kitchen Group is seeking an experienced Chef de Cuisine for our Del Mar location!
Please send resumes to email@example.com
To successfully craft the perfect dining ‘trifetca’: exceptional food and superior service in
imaginatively designed environments.
Oversee a scratch cooking, high energy, high volume kitchen. Promote a positive work
environment with a focus on technique, training, teamwork, and consistency.
- Supervision of kitchen operations and of kitchen staff.
- Ensure all food production workers are performing their duties in accordance with the
quality standards established by the company.
- Plan and coordinate daily menu that is compliant with the company standards. Ensure that
all food and beverage products meet company standards and specifications.
- Involved in the ongoing development of the culinary quality of our menus and recipes.
- Oversee training for Sous Chefs to ensure the development of their leadership skills,
culinary skills, and team building.
- Maintain a positive employee relations climate. Directs staffing, training, and evaluation of
kitchen employees in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment through timely repair and upkeep.
- Oversee purchasing of food and related items, including finding sources for new products.
Responsible for food and labor costs and other related restaurant expenses.
- Support staff education and modeling service standards in front and back of house.
- Fulfill all record keeping and administration requirements, including financial statements,
invoice handling, reporting, and employee paperwork.
- Ensure compliance with health, sanitation, liquor, safety and employment regulations by
clearly communicating and reinforcing standards and procedures to all staff members.
- Expected to continue self-education of food trends through networking, books and
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills with guests and staff.
- Function as a supportive team member during the course of their shift.
- Make employment and termination decisions consistent with General Manager and Human
Resources guidelines for approval or review.
- Follow purchasing, receiving, and inventory management systems to company standards.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are
followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Oversee labor budget and scheduling, ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and
labor cost objectives are met.
- Position is full-time and requires regular, reliable attendance.
- Any other duties at the discretion of the owner, Corporate Executive Chef and/or General
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to educate, supervise and direct the work of others.
- Extensive knowledge of food, wine and service.
- Familiarity with the sequence of fine dining service and dining room procedures.
- Working knowledge of computer word processing programs and restaurant POS programs.
- Understanding of cost and labor controls.
- Knowledge of safety and sanitation.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Physically able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods of up to eight hours in
length, lifting, bending and stooping and to frequently lift and carry plates, trays and other
objects weighing 35 pounds or more.
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- Fine dining experience a plus.
- High volume experience a plus
- Valid county food handlers card.