Our New Restaurant is opening and we are looking for someone who can bring their talent, vision and a opportunity to show off their skills, innovation and flair for a satisfying our guests and San Francisco residents of excellent food cooked with excellence. We are looking for a leader with exceptional Food & and Beverage skills who can create a team spirit, have a Yes I Can" attitude and inspire team performance.
• Accomplishes restaurant objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
• Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
• Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
• Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
• Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
• Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
" Candidate must have at least 2 years previous experience and be flexible with availability to work any shifts. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written, as this position requires continuous interaction with hotel guests and staff.
Ability to supervise subordinate staff, including but not limited to assignment of duties, evaluating service and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
Knowledge of liquor laws and regulations, health department regulations, and TIPS" certification is helpful. Experience with Excel