The Area Director, Food Service is responsible for all operational results as assigned. The Area Director achieves these results through creating a positive work environment where managers and associates are developed to achieve all Food Division goals and objectives. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follows and ensures team follows Food Division Best Practices.
- Recruit, hire and provide ongoing training to all food executives and hourly associates.
- Support manager development through: communicating company/regional objectives and goals; participating in Management Review and Succession Planning process; facilitating annual and mid-year reviews, including LPR’s; and providing a minimum of bi-monthly touch bases for individual feedback.
- Act as liaison and contact for all regional leased food operations.
- Focus on current initiatives.
- Conduct site assessments in leased food operations, ensuring licensing meets our professional food service standards.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, seasonal, and annual fiscal objectives.
- Accurately and consistently assess each unit on Food Safety and Operational Practices using the ADVA.
- Partner with Central Food Service Team, Purchasing Manager and suppliers to maintain appropriate fresh food inventories, support new products and promotions and monitor vendor services.
- Provide feedback on tools, menu and operational processes to continuously improve future brand openings and business.
- Ensure teams use all food division systems and tools.
- Responsible for implementing regional health/sanitation, safety, customer service and promotions with Central Food Service team.
- Work closely with store partners on regional/company business strategies such as staffing, retention, associate development and driving the business.
- Demonstrate a positive role model for Magic Selling.
- Develop and interact in supportive relationships within the division and with key regional management.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Preferred College degree and at least 5 to 7 years of previous supervisory/management experience.
- Safe food handling certification is required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports, procedure manuals and recipes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Understanding of P&L statements, food costs and payroll budgets.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to anticipate and solve problems.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
- This position is exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space.
- This position requires travel.
- Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- This position is required to use potentially hazardous restaurant equipment.
- Must role model safe equipment use and food safety practices.
- Working understanding of Windows based systems.
Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs. This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.