Elephants Delicatessen is all about exceptional food and exceptional service. We are looking for an hard-working, food-loving, people-pleasing person for our Elephants In The Park Location.
You will assist customers and produce and serve food (hot sandos, burgers, etc.) and various beverages and Espresso drinks with Elephant’s high quality expectations and consistency.
This position requires great customer service skills as well as some kitchen savvy. You should also love to multi-task, possess awesome communication skills, be neat in appearance, fast like a cheetah, friendly, efficient–and have fun doing it.
You know how it feels when your barista at your favorite coffee shop starts making your favorite sandwich or drink the moment you walk in the door? Without even asking. Because they know you, your routine, what you like. The successful candidate must have the ability to develop relationships and rapport with our customers.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Assist customers with purchases, and produce food and other beverages in a way that meets Elephants’ standards for consistency and excellence.
- Be flexible and able to attend to a variety of customer needs–from barista service to register work to back of house grill duties
- Thrive in a fun environment and has a good sense of humor and a cheerful personality.
- Exhibit exemplary hospitality & active customer service.
- Develop great relationships with customers. One must also have the ability to remember customers’ names and special drink or food requests that each customer may enjoy.
- Maintain a neat, clean appearance required at all times.
- Obtain and carry on your person, a current OLCC License and Food Handler’s Permit.
- 1 year food service/barista/register/retail or front of house experience
- Some Food service experience- cooking experience of any kind is highly preferred
- Able to obtain an OLCC and Food Handler’s Permit (must be age 18+ for OLCC)
- Along with a passion for food and fun
- Line Cook or Grill Cook experience is a plus!